Friday, September 30, 2011

Quick SQL Reference

I know SQL very well, the idea of the basic operations and how I can combine them to achive on a higher level nearly everyting I need. But I have a bad memory about the exact syntax. Allways asking me how do I have to write the UPDATE statement?
This Post is a quick lookup of the SQL-Syntax.


key example
CREATE TABLE CREATE TABLE table_name ('column1' NVARCHAR(32),

'column2' NUMBER, ... )

DROP TABLE DROP TABLE table_name
TRUNCATE TABLE TRUNCATE TABLE table_name
INSERT INTO INSERT INTO table_name(column1, column2, ...)

VALUES(value1, value2, ...)
WHERE ...

UPDATE UPDATE table_name
SET column1=value1
WHERE
...

DELETE FROM DELETE FROM table_name
WHERE ...


Data Types
Oracle
MySQL

Editors
Eclipse Data Tools Platform (DTP)
Eclipse SQL Explorer

No comments:

Post a Comment